- The Commonwealth Games (known as the British Empire Games from 1930–1950, the British Empire and Commonwealth Games from 1954–1966, and British Commonwealth Games from 1970–1974) is an international, multi-sport event involving athletes from the Commonwealth of Nations. The Commonwealth games scam as it is known involved large scale misappropriation of money during the preparatory phase and conduct of the 2010 Commonwealth games held in New Delhi. The total value of the scam is estimated to be 70,000 crore.
Like any other scams it involved politicians, bureaucrats and corporates acting in collusion
- Suresh kalmadi, the Congress party representative to 15 LokSabha from the Pune constituency. He was the Chairman of the Organising Committee of the Delhi Commonwealth games.
- Sheila Dikshit, Chief minister of Delhi: Was indicted for several irregularities in the CWG processes both by Shunglu committee and also by the CAG
- Robert Vadra
- Lalit Bhanot, Secretary General of the Organising committee
- TS Darbari, Joint Director General of the Organising committee
- Sanjay Mahindroo, Deputy Director General of the Organising committee
- BS Lalli, CEO of Prasar Bharati
- M Jayachandran, Joint Director General (Accounts and Finance)
- AM Films
- AM Cars
- SIS Live
- Jaypee Group, Its alleged that the proceeds of corruption are parked here through financial involvement of Suresh Kalmadi's son, Sumeer Kalmadi in the F1 circuit project at Greater Noida.
- HCL Infosystems
- Sweka Powerteck Engineers Pvt Ltd
- RSP Sinha, MTNL CMD
- SM Talwar, Executive director MTNL
- NK Jain, GM (Corporate Sales) MTNL
- Jitendra Garg, DGM MTNL
Since there was huge expenditure being spend into such a big common wealth games, there was a complete serenity over the fact that though being spending so much money, yet things were not used for proper manner.There were huge number of children and people being hired on day night prospects which enamored the worst part of using them up in CWG games project aspect.
Copyright©All free websites. All rights reserved.